Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dc2 fog lights blowing!!

3 posters

Go down

Dc2 fog lights blowing!!  Empty Dc2 fog lights blowing!!

Post by PaulGav Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:02 pm

As the title says, I no this is a common problem and I thought it had went away but it hasn't! Keeps blowing one or the other bulb, I have tried changing 2 a them at the same time, and wearing proper gloves as I was told this may help, but still no good! Anyone here solved this problem...? I'm thinking myself it a bad earth, just dunno how to solve it!!! Wrecking my head changing them..
PaulGav
PaulGav
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Dc2 fog lights blowing!!  Empty Re: Dc2 fog lights blowing!!

Post by JDM for life Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:11 pm

Have a look at your positive wires and make sure they are not broken anywhere or that there are no splits in them, also make sure that there is no corrosion on the housing as corrosion is conductive. It is obviously a short that is being created somewhere on the pos line )
JDM for life
JDM for life
Admin

http://tkdtheart@yahoo.ie

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulGav Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:31 pm

I dunno I had a loom at the wires inside the headlight Dave, and they seem okay, also I had 2 standard h3 bulbs in for a while and they were working okay, so I then thought the problem had went away, so I took them out, replaced them for yellow h3's and they eventually blow, might be after 2 hrs use or even 2 weeks, and it blows one side at a time!!

Sounds like a short somewhere to me, just dunno how to figure it out, or should I just try and run new wires to the light...?
PaulGav
PaulGav
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:35 pm

What I did on Laura's dc2 was put a relay resister on the wires going to the lights. They never blew after. Hers kept blowing every week without fail man.

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulGav Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:52 pm

Where abouts did ya fit that man, and where did ya get it...? Might try that the weekend! Spending a fortune on bulbs!!
PaulGav
PaulGav
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:57 pm

Yes gets costly. I found that halfords bulbs weren't worth a wank and the cheap bulbs last longer ha.
I followed the loom back a small bit snip the wire and put in a resister or relay on the circuit going into the housing with will be your power supply. Not your ground. As far as I know the power in wire is a green one could be wrong. You can by a fuse relay either which means the fuse will blow before the lights just put in a bigger fuse to sort the amppage

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulGav Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:05 pm

So you basically followed back the main positive wire, snipped it and put a resistor in...? Did you do this on both sides...? And also what size resistor did u use, I had something like that in my head, but was kinda afraid in case would cause a fire or something!!!
PaulGav
PaulGav
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:09 pm

I got a 20 amp out of halfords man I have a diagram of this ill route it out do you can follow it back.
Another idea would be a hid set up which has everything just plug and play

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulGav Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:12 pm

Try route that out surly man if ya can, I suppose a 100ohm resistor would e grand for the lights then so...? And also, I bought yellow hid's but they won't work as the bulb will not fit in to the little space!! Was sickened!!
PaulGav
PaulGav
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:17 pm

Try cut the big silver surround man makes fuck all difference to the beam in the fig light

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulGav Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:35 pm

I'll look in to it the weekend, and may try that resistor thing as well... Did you put a resistor on each circuit...? If ya can come across that diagram, would be great...
PaulGav
PaulGav
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith McK Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:09 am

Happened me there a while ago Paul aswell, one yellow bulb blew by the looks of things, haven't looked at it yet as the cars parked up, but want to get it sorted for when its back on the road.
Keith McK
Keith McK
Site Trader

http://www.jdmtrendz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JDM for life Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:35 am

If you think about it, they shouldn't blow, unless they are for a specific kind of lower resistance circuit , in which case it would say it on the box
JDM for life
JDM for life
Admin

http://tkdtheart@yahoo.ie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down