Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fog lights not working?

3 posters

Go down

fog lights not working? Empty fog lights not working?

Post by TegCivic Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:01 am

its me again with another lighting problem! basicaly my fogs broke a while ago the lenses got cracked, so i removed them and put in a crappy set i had as spare, and i blew a fuse, so recenly i got brand new lamps and use my existing switch and loom and nothing works? so i checked all the fuses everywhere twice! and still dont work so is it a case of the fuse being on a seperate loom going under the dash? or where could it be? has anyone installed these and knows where the likely hiding place is for it? Thumb Up!
TegCivic
TegCivic
Elite

Back to top Go down

fog lights not working? Empty Re: fog lights not working?

Post by JDM for life Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:47 am

I don't know if there is a relay involved here but that's what id be checking next, try get a schematic for the lights man and see if there is a relay in the circuit
JDM for life
JDM for life
Admin

http://tkdtheart@yahoo.ie

Back to top Go down

Post by JDM for life Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:51 am

If your lights DID NOT turn on as they should, check the following:

1. You HAVE TO have your corner lights or headlights on BEFORE you can switch the fogs on

2. Check all connections, loose wires etc. (i had a loose wire on the connection to the actual lights on the drivers side)

3. Check your grounds, metal to metal contact = proper ground.

4. Check the inline fuse, make sure it isn't blown (or not there)

5. Listen to your relay...you know it's working if it makes a click sound when you switch it on

6. If you checked those basic things and they STILL don't work...you need to go get a volt meter and start the diagnosis. See if the fogs are getting 12 volts...see if the switch it working etc etc. There are many topics you can search for on google to read about diagnosing a wiring problem.

and maybe this thread will help

http://honda-tech.com/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/eg-foglight-harness-diagram-2526151/
JDM for life
JDM for life
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toyotafanboi Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:04 am

if the old lenses were on the car and you left them on it for a while, while they were cracked, first thing i'd check for is corrosion in the bulb holders.
Toyotafanboi
Toyotafanboi
Elite
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by TegCivic Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:04 pm

no theyre brand new lights and bulbs also the plugs were different so i removed the old plugs and swapped them onto the new lamps. i reckon its the fuse as the other spare crappy lamps i put in probably couldnt hold it and blew the fuse.
TegCivic
TegCivic
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by TegCivic Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:13 pm

checked the ground and cleaned it, also when i turn the switch i can hear relay click which is a good sign? i just cant trace the live to a damn fuse! i know where it plugs in under the dash and cchecked them fuses and all are fine?
does anyone have any ideas?
TegCivic
TegCivic
Elite

Back to top Go down

Post by JDM for life Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:00 am

jesus man, check continuity between the switch and either side of the fuse and then to the light itself, where there is no continuity on the live you will find where the problem is, also check it on ground
JDM for life
JDM for life
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down